Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

Jaxon, Kristen, Madox and Shane
Madox, Grandpa, Tytan, Grandma and Jaxon
Madox found eggs
Jaxon found two eggs

This Easter we spent at my parent's house in Vancouver. It is the first time we have been there for Easter with our own kids. We dyed eggs with the boy cousins Ryan and Ian. In the morning we did our own egg hunt in the living room with all the hard boiled eggs. The twins found two each and then ate through the shells to eat the eggs. It was so gross and my parent's new carpet was covered with hard boiled egg. Stinky! We should have just let them find the candy filled eggs instead of saving them for the bigger kids. Before lunch Tytan, Ryan and Ian hunted for eggs and got more than 20 each. Their baskets were overflowing. I made lunch this year with a ham, ranch red potatoes, carrots, a fruit salad and easter grass cupcakes. When we were all full, we hopped in the car for our six hour ride home.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Cute pictures! I wish that I could drive to my parents' for Easter :( Sorry about the background. I should probably check other people's blogs before I change it but I use google reader so I never actually go to the blogs unless I comment.

Melanie said...

I love the pictures of the boys finding their eggs. They look so proud!! Sarah loved easter and even sneaked a few tastes of robin eggs. She is excited for her chocolate cake on Friday! The big one year old!!

Ethan and Sara said...

Such cute pictures! I love seeing your adorable little family and what you are all up to. :)

PS: we are moving to Vancouver... Ethan transfered offices (from Seattle to Portland) and I am finishing the school year and then will move home to meet him. We are apart during the week and see each other on the weekends.

Seth & Courtney said...

How cute! Jaxon & Maddox look so proud of their eggs. I love it. My kids stopped crying for Santa and Easter Bunny pictures when they figured out that there were presents involved. You're kids must be ahead of the game! How fun to be able to spend the holiday with your family too!